I'm a design advocate and holistic problem solver:
I'm passionate about how humans and software interact
In every engagement, I'm excited to use my experience and breadth of skills to help people and improve projects.
First, a little info about me:
- I'm a designer, artist, animator, writer, and programmer.
- I co-founded a studio, growing 2 - 50 employees and garnering international success.
- I've released over 10 games.
- I managed my own games-focused co-working space.
- I've helped run guided game jams and I've worked with screen funding bodies.
- And I've learnt from mistakes made every step of the way!
- The user's experience should be everyone's focus from the beginning
Great design and Product Thinking should be central to any project.
- Leaders should enable and empower
Real leaders eat last.
- Teams should feel invested
Team success - over individual success - should be the focus. Agile, for example, establishes healthy boundaries between teams and management, provides teams ownership, reinforces discipline, and unifies everyone's focus.
- I want to teach folks to fish
I'm drawn to opportunities to workshop problem solving, upskill teams, and share best-practice. It's in my nature to shepherd teams as their projects encounter new challenges.